Jerk Chicken with Mango Habanero Salsa
Mango Habanero Salsa
• 1/4 cup golden rum (such as Bacardi)
• 1 small ripe mango, peeled and chopped
• 1/2 habanero pepper, seeded and chopped
• Juice of 1 lime
Combine rum, mango, and habanero in the bowl of a food processor; process to desired texture – chunky to smooth.
• 2 tablespoons white vinegar
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1/8th tsp kosher salt
Pour mango mixture into a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir in vinegar, butter, and 1/8 teaspoon salt; reduce heat, and simmer 6 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup.
• 3/8 tsp kosher salt
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon ground coriander
• 1 teaspoon brown sugar
• 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
• 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
Combine above in a bowl
• 2 teaspoons canola oil
• 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
rub oil over the chicken and coat with spice mixture
Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Arrange chicken on pan; grill 5 minutes on each side or until done.
Remove chicken from pan. Let stand 5 minutes.
Cut across the grain into thin slices.
Serve with Mango Salsa