USPFC Training Ground Presented by ICMA-RC
#USPFCTrainingGround #ICMARC #PublicSector
At USPFC, the health and well-being of the public safety and first responder community is one of our mission’s cornerstones. Whether you are a runner, swimmer, weightlifter, horseshoe thrower, or boxer, fitness, training and self-care is paramount to success not only in your sport(s) but in your day to day lives both on and off the job.
With gyms, fitness franchises and clubs closed and/or limiting capacity upon reopening; we are all finding new ways and places to stay in shape. With that in mind, we are inviting you to challenge each other AND our staff as we launch the #USPFCTrainingGround Presented by ICMA-RC. We would like you to submit a mini workout that we will post via our social media channels, and every other week we will select an exercise to be featured in our newsletter.
WHO IS INVITED TO PARTICIPATE?
- USPFC Athletes (past and present)
- Fitness experts focused on helping first responders and public safety personnel with their health and wellness journey
HOW TO SUBMIT A VIDEO:
ALL submissions will be uploaded to our YouTube Channel, With your health and wellness in mind, we encourage you to
- Share the sport or reason for your training
- Accept any or all of these fitness challenges,
- Challenge your fellow first responders / public safety personnel to participate
- Film yourselves and your teammates, peer groups, family, and/or friends completing any or all of our #USPFCTrainingGround challenges,
- Email your videos to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be eligible to win prize(s).
#USPFCTrainingGround Challenge videos must include:
- “#USPFCTrainingGround” somewhere in the video – sign, chalk art, etc. overlay graphic
- Number of reps per exercise OR length of time per exercise
- Number of rounds per workout OR total length of time per workout
- Give clear, concise cues as to how to do the exercise – these can be verbal or written notes in the video
RULES OF ENGAGEMENT:
- Video length is no more than 2 minutes with a demonstration of each exercise
- Workout challenge should include between 3 and 5 exercises
- Exercises can be interval training, HIIT, cardio, endurance, yoga, pilates, meditation, etc.
For those who want to participate in a #USPFCTrainingGround challenge, and to be eligible for prizes, please including “#USPFCTrainingGround” somewhere – sign, chalk art, etc. overlay graphic in your video. Prizes will be awarded as videos will be judged based on completion of the exercises. Extra points will be given for background music, creativity, location, and/or the amount of fun demonstrated in the video!
Founded in 1972, ICMA-RC is a non-profit, independent financial services corporation focused on providing retirement plans and related services for over a 1.5 million participant accounts. With a network of extremely talented people – client champions, retirement plan specialists and certified financial planner professionals strive to simplify employer plan administration and help participants develop strategies to achieve their retirement savings goals.
ICMA-RC takes pride in people and in the work they do helping clients and their participants prepare so they can enjoy a secure retirement. ICMA-RC works with people who serve their communities for almost half a century and does it better than anyone else – because it’s the focus of what they do – they help public employees build retirement security.